Google+





Monday, June 04, 2012

Thou Shalt Shoot Movies In 3D: Ridley Scott Working On MOSES

Wow. Ridley Scott let it slip to Esquire magazine that he is already working on his next project of biblical proportions entitled MOSES. The movie and PROMETHEUS are obviously not related, although there seems to be obvious religious overtones to both movies.

The question of 3D was not raised unfortunately so nothing is certain - except that Ridley favors the format, so my fingers are crossed. 

The Esquire magazine interview actually sounded as though the interviewer had prior knowledge of his production slate as he was asking very leading questions...

Check it out:

Ridley Scott (RS): Can you think of a good one? A just and kind and tolerant religion? 

Esquire (ES): Not off the top of my head, no.

RS: Everyone is tearing each other apart in the name of their personal god. And the irony is, by definition, they're probably worshipping the same god.

ES: You know what would be awesome? You need to make a film adaptation of a Bible story.

RS: Oh, yeah.

ES: Maybe the Virgin birth? No movie's ever told that story with enough gloopy, viscous afterbirth.

RS: No, I've got something else in the works. I'm already doing it. It's called Moses.

ES: You're kidding.

RS: Seriously, seriously. It's going to happen.

ES: With all apologies to Charlton Heston, that sounds like it's going to be the most amazing film about Moses ever made.

RS: It is. I probably shouldn't have let that slip out. I'm not supposed to say anything.

ES: Who am I going to tell?

RS: It's definitely in the cards, though. What's interesting to me about Moses isn't the big stuff that everybody knows. It's things like his relationship with Ramses [II, the pharaoh]. I honestly wasn't paying attention in school when I was told the story of Moses. Some of the details of his life are extraordinary.

I'm definitely down for another period piece from Ridley! I wonder what he has in store? Interesting!



Source: Esquire via First Showing

Contact Me

Jim Dorey
Editor-in-Chief
jim (at) marketsaw (dot) com

All contents Copyright © 2006-2021, MarketSaw Media. All Rights Reserved. All copyrights and trademarks on this website belong to their respective owners.