Google+





Thursday, March 04, 2010

Quick Post: ALIEN Prequel WILL Be In S3D!

Jim here. Just a quick post to bring you up to speed on the Ridley Scott ALIEN prequel we have been dying to hear more about.

According to ShadowLocked, STAR WARS and ALIEN art director Roger Christian confirmed that the ALIEN prequel will indeed be in stereoscopic 3D.

Says Christian:
"Ridley's doing the next Alien in 3D."

When asked whether he thought the new prequel could set the Alien franchise straight again, Christian responded:

"I do. Ridley told me some of his ideas when we were here in Toronto. He has a very clear understanding of where this should go. They kind of stopped dead one of the greatest horror franchises there's ever been, and it had legs to go on. So I'm hoping he'll revive another three. The world certainly wants it, and the fans want it - everybody. "


"I always made only one promise to myself. I said if ever I went back to designing, the only film I would ever want to design is Alien, if Ridley re-did it. I could never understand why they didn't pull him back in". Pressed as to whether he'll be on board the Alien franchise again, Christian laughed: "I don't know! We'll see. I would do it if it came up, depending on what I was doing at the time."

"Paul Anderson was here (in Toronto) shooting the next Resident Evil movie in 3D, so I went down on the set with him. Watching shots of zombies in 3D is amazing - I got really excited! For horror films, it's brilliant."

Excellent news indeed. Stay tuned for more!!

Contact Me

Jim Dorey
Editor-in-Chief
jim (at) marketsaw (dot) com

All contents Copyright © 2006-2021, MarketSaw Media. All Rights Reserved. All copyrights and trademarks on this website belong to their respective owners.