Google+





Saturday, January 30, 2010

DUNE 3D Getting Very Hot!

Jim here. Got this story via IGN (thanks ProjectCould!) and SlashFilm picked up on it as well! Could it be that the revisiting of Frank Hebert's DUNE is going to happen in 3D? I don't think there is any other choice is there? I mean, 2D science fiction is so... passé! :-)

IGN spoke with Pierre Morel (TAKEN - which I simply loved) who just took over the reins of the project from Peter Berg (who is now doing BATTLESHIP).

Says Morel on using S3D:
"I don't know," he laughs. "It's so early in the project that we haven't had that conversation yet. I'd love it to be 3D, of course. It's the kind of movie that has the scope to be 3D. Will they do it in 3D? I'd push for that, but I don't know. As a viewer, I've just been watching Avatar with my kids twice in the theater already and had a blast. It's an amazing experience."

Yes - safe to say it will go 3D. I am sure that Paramount will want the "AVATAR effect" for their bottomline. DUNE in three dimensions and a re-imagining with today's CG? Can't wait for that. Love the choice of director too.

Contact Me

Jim Dorey
Editor-in-Chief
jim (at) marketsaw (dot) com

All contents Copyright © 2006-2021, MarketSaw Media. All Rights Reserved. All copyrights and trademarks on this website belong to their respective owners.