Google+





Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Frank Miller's RONIN To Be Shot In 3D?

Jim here. Some exciting news for Frank Miller fans out there - there is a very real possibility that director Sylvain White will shoot RONIN is 3D! After he finishes THE LOSERS, White told SuperHeroHype: "It's still being developed - I just got a new draft a week ago. It's looking really good and promising. I hope it gets to go... [Mine is] a big-budget, big blockbuster take on it. I'd love to do it in 3D. I think it'd be ridiculous and amazing."

"I think it'd make a brilliant video game as well,"
says White, "something along the lines of 'Assassin's Creed' but from a first-person perspective. I think it's just a great property and a great concept. It's got so many ideas in it in terms of commentary and philosophy. Frank Miller is a genius when it comes to that. It took so long because the source material is so complex. It's very difficult, and it's not linear, and it doesn't really fit into a film format off the bat. It's not a straight adaptation like '300' was or even 'Watchmen.' It's not as simple. Zack [Snyder]'s going to kill me. [Laughs] But I think with 'Ronin' we need a little bit of streamlining, otherwise it's too esoteric. You need a little bit of streamlining, but the story and the characters, if I get to do that movie, will all be there. I'm the guy who wants to respect the authors and the source material as a fan of graphic novels who grew up reading them whether it be in Europe or here. It's something that needs to be done right, and it hasn't really been done right."

Sounds like White is taking the right approach here.
I am very curious to see early results from this project - even just some behind the scenes snaps. I don't like the confusion with Robert DeNiro's RONIN (which I adore btw) or 47 RONIN, but we'll see what we get here...



Contact Me

Jim Dorey
Editor-in-Chief
jim (at) marketsaw (dot) com

All contents Copyright © 2006-2021, MarketSaw Media. All Rights Reserved. All copyrights and trademarks on this website belong to their respective owners.