Google+





Thursday, October 08, 2009

J.J. Abrams Considering STAR TREK 2 In Stereoscopic 3D!!!

Jim here. Our friends at Collider caught Mr. J.J. Abrams talking about many things at the Viceroy Hotel in Santa Monica this afternoon. One item in particular caught my eye.

Yes. Abrams is considering stereoscopic 3D for STAR TREK II. When an intrepid reporter asked the most important question of the day: "Any chance of you shooting the next Star Trek film in 3-D?"
JJ replied: "Paramount talked to me about doing the first one in 3-D and, having it only be my second film, I was petrified just at the addition of it. I thought it would be another dimension of pain-in-the-ass. I was just like, “I want to make a decent 2-D movie.” I was so worried that, instead of being a decent 2-D movie, it would have been a bad 3-D one. I’m open to looking at it ’cause now I feel a little bit more comfortable. And, if I, in fact, direct the Star Trek sequel, 3-D could be really fun, so I’m open to it. What I’ve seen of Avatar makes me want to do it because it’s so crazy-cool looking."

So straight from the horse's mouth. Isn't it awesome that the studios are coming to the directors with 3D requests?? Paramount saying 3D is good for STAR TREK makes me want to run wig-wag up the street like Kirk. We all know this is J.J.'s baby. Yet again, another director making career decisions based on what he has seen of AVATAR. Love it!


Contact Me

Jim Dorey
Editor-in-Chief
jim (at) marketsaw (dot) com

All contents Copyright © 2006-2021, MarketSaw Media. All Rights Reserved. All copyrights and trademarks on this website belong to their respective owners.