Google+





Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Dreamworks Sees 3D With View-Master Deal?

Jim here. According to THR, Dreamworks is in talks to buy the movie rights to Mattel's View-Master to produce some good wholesome family fare for theaters.

Apparently Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci will be attached to produce and bring their TRANSFORMERS touch to the project. Further, Brad Caleb Kane is set to pen the movie.

Kane tweeted this message over the weekend (and it has since been taken down): "It'll be like the old '80s Amblin movies: 'Goonies,' 'Young Sherlock' ... in that vein."

Do you remember YOUNG SHERLOCK? Man, I do. To me that was classic Spielberg with the stained glass coming to life. I was thrilled with that movie. I am all for a trip back to those wide eyed days of youth.

If this isn't a 3D movie I will be terribly disappointed - but it makes sense doesn't it? I mean thats what a View-Master does! I used to stare into those for hours. Don't let me down Dreamworks!

Contact Me

Jim Dorey
Editor-in-Chief
jim (at) marketsaw (dot) com

All contents Copyright © 2006-2021, MarketSaw Media. All Rights Reserved. All copyrights and trademarks on this website belong to their respective owners.