Google+





Saturday, April 11, 2009

TRON 2 Shooting in Vancouver NOW

Jim here. My friend Peter over at Slashfilm has got a great local source in Vancouver for the filming of TRON2 which of course is a stereoscopic 3D production. He has provided the set shot seen here as well as a visual report...

Here is what /Film's source had to say:
"They have been spending some crazy money here. They have been blocking off huge main sections of downtown for some pretty awesome looking action scenes. I saw tons of police cars chasing a guy hanging on to the top of a taxi. There were huge cranes holding up a stunt wire rig rig like I have never seen before. There is definitively some impressive non light cycle real life action in this movie. They have also transformed the tallest building in the city with huge encom logos and futuristic lighting. I was in total awe of how much equipment and gadgets they had. Everything I’ve seen them doing in the last five days is easily some of the most expensive stuff I’ve ever seen. It’s probably is $300 million, even if it’s Canadian dollars. I only managed to grab this crappy still with the big logo and some futuristic room above."

To me, the production of TRON sounds like it may impact the city as much as the 2010 Winter Olympics! Damn, wish I was still living in beautiful Vancouver so I could catch some of this action.

Contact Me

Jim Dorey
Editor-in-Chief
jim (at) marketsaw (dot) com

All contents Copyright © 2006-2021, MarketSaw Media. All Rights Reserved. All copyrights and trademarks on this website belong to their respective owners.